Deadline for Poster Submission
April 30, 2019 11:59:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (US & Canada)
Note: The equivalent local time is shown in the accompanying World Clock:
Contact the Rhizosphere5 Secretariat if you have not received notification by April 3, 2019
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
To be considered for an oral presentation, your abstract must be submitted by March 15, 2019; for a poster presentation, your abstract must be submitted by April 30, 2019.
Regardless of presentation type, all abstracts must adhere to the following set of instructions:
• Abstracts must be submitted in English.
• Abstracts must not contain abbreviations or references.
• Abstracts must not exceed 300 words.
• The abstract title must be in lower case letters.
• After reviewing the list of theme areas, select one (1) theme under which your abstract
will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Committee.
Rhizosphere 5 Theme Areas:
• The root microbiome
• Plant holobiont
• Spatiotemporal organization in the rhizosphere
• The rhizosphere as a hotspot for horizontal gene transfer
• Root imaging & phenotyping
• Rhizosphere processes for sustainable agriculture & nutrient cycling
• Natural (forest and grassland) ecosystem rhizosphere
• Rhizosphere of extreme environments
• Evolution in the rhizosphere (domestication)
• Plant mutualisms or symbionts, natural & commercial inoculants
• Climate change, abiotic stress and the rhizosphere
• Rhizosphere modelling
• Micronutrients in the rhizosphere
• Cutting edge approaches and methods
• General soil-plant-microbe interactions
Abstracts that do not strictly adhere to the instructions will not be considered for presentation.
For more information, or to be a sponsor, contact:
The Science Advisory Committee will review all abstracts, taking into consideration the author's preferred choice of presentation type.
Abstracts will be accepted for oral, poster or poster pitch presentation. The Advisory Committee reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation, which implies that the final assignment to an oral or a poster presentation might not be consistent with the expressed preference of the submitter. While we make an effort to consider the preferred presenation type this can not be guaranteed - especially for oral presentations.
Abstract submission deadline for oral presentations is closed
The submission deadline for poster presentations is April 30th