Student Travel Award
The Local Organizing Committee is pleased to announce that Rhizosphere 5 will provide a limited number of travel awards (up to $1,500 CAD) for students attending the conference.
Please note that you must submit an abstract to be considered
for a travel award
• Award applicants must be registered at an accredited University or College at the time
of the conference.
• Award applicants must be the presenting author of an oral or a poster presentation
describing their thesis/dissertation research or other current research.
• Funds awarded can be used to cover the cost of registration, travel and associated
fees (e.g., visa, travel insurance), accommodation, and meals.
How to apply for the travel award:
• Eligible applicants must complete an and submit a one-page letter
describing their reasons for attending the meeting, how the conference will contribute
to their growth as a scientist, and their financial need.
• A short (one-page) letter in support of the student's application—written by their primary
supervisor—must accompany the application.
• Applications and all supporting information must be submitted electronically to the
Chair of the Awards Committee at:
• Application deadline is March 1, 2019; applicants will be notified as to their success
on March 28, 2019.
Student Travel Awards will be presented during the Closing Ceremony on
Thursday July 11, 2019
Please note that you must be in attendance to receive your travel award
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
For more information, or to be a sponsor, contact: