The time available for each oral presentation is limited to 15 minutes, including a brief question period. No exceptions will be made.
‣ Presentations should be in Microsoft PowerPoint (PowerPoint 2016 [.pptx] is the
preferred format). Please notify the session chair well in advance if your presentation is
in a different format.
‣ Please bring your presentation on a USB memory stick. Be sure to CLEARLY identify
your USB memory stick with your name & the session in which you are presenting.
‣ At the beginning of each day, before the speaker sessions, please submit your
presentation media to the session chair in the room in which your presentation will take
place. The session chair (or another volunteer) will be present in each room to help you
load your presentation on the appropriate computer.
‣ At least one (1) hour before your session starts, please check with the session chair for
scheduling changes and to be sure that your presentation has been loaded.
‣ Please be sure to check your presentation for viruses before uploading and presenting
at the meeting.
‣ Poster pitch sessions will be held each morning, immediately following the keynote
‣ The above guidelines are also applicable for poster pitch presenters.
‣ Each presenter will have 2 minutes to present 2 slides.
Attendees can participate through poster submissions. Posters will be available for viewing each lunch hour during the conference on Monday thru Wednesday. On designated days, authors will be on-hand to discuss their poster with interested persons. Poster submissions must be made using the Abstract Submission Form. Posters must be designated to one of the theme areas listed in the submission form and follow the Poster Guidelines described below.
Please use the following guidelines and format to prepare your poster:
‣ Dimensions of the poster MUST NOT exceed 44.5” wide by 44.5” high (113 cm by 113
cm). An alternative size is 39" wide by 48" tall (100 cm wide by 120 cm tall)
‣ Limit the text to about ¼ to ½ of the poster space, and use images, photographs, and
graphs to present your research. Make a banner to display the title, name, and affiliation
at top-center of the poster.
‣ The text should be readable from a distance of 6-ft (1.8 m). Use a minimum font size of
‣ Lettering for the title should be large (at least 70-point font).
‣ Use of the following format/sections is suggested :
◦ Author names and affiliation
◦ Materials and methods
NOTE: all presenters should be aware of colour blindness guidelines.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
For more information, or to be a sponsor, contact: